Saturday, July 13, 2013

My MITB Predictions


Well, tomorrow's the day! This pay-per-view has been garnering more hype than any other WWE pay-per-view this year. Mostly due to the fact that one Rob Van Dam will be making his return to the city where he made a name for himself: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 

Here are my predictions and who I would like to see win their matches tomorrow at Money in the Bank:

Pre-Show: The Shield (Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) vs The Usos  (Jimmy & Jey)
When you look at this on paper, you would think that this match should be on the actual event, right? This isn't the case because they're on the pre-show despite the fact that this could well be a pay-per-view quality match.  It's good to see The Usos finally getting the push that they deserve. I would like to see The Usos hold the tag straps (still don't know why they haven't held them yet), but I know that The Shield's gonna win this one by an eyelash, because The Shield may be The Usos' toughest opponents. Also, you would think that WWE would give them a decent reign with the title belts (as well as Ambrose with the U.S. title).

Winners: Rollins & Reigns


1. Divas Championship: A.J. Lee (c) vs Kaitlyn
To me, this storyline has garnered the Divas much attention (besides their upcoming reality show, Total Divas). It shows how well the two know each other and how well they work together as rivals. All rivalries should play out for good television and for the good of entertainment. As far as this match goes, I see WWE giving A.J. Lee a decent reign with the title, because of the fact that she's become so popular withe the male and female fans alike. So, my money's on A.J. Lee!

Winner: A.J. Lee


2. Intercontinental Championship: Curits Axel (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs The Miz
Personally, I don't like the build-up for this match. Yes, this is Miz's rematch from WWE Payback, but over the last couple of weeks, The Miz faced Ryback, while Axel faced Jericho. Instead of iner-changing the build ups, they should just made a tag team match (even though it's constant) to make it more simple: Ryback & Axel vs The Miz & Jericho. See? The build-up would've been more simple. There's a bright future for Curtis Axel, and I don't see him losing the title this soon. Secondly, The Miz is now seen as more of a TV Talk show host than a wrestler. So, for this one, I'm going with Axel.

Winner: Curtis Axel


3. Singles match: Ryback vs Chris Jericho
Like I said for Axel vs Miz, I don't like the build-up to this match, mostly because of the fact that Ryback was facing Miz and Jericho was facing Axel. Let's just say that these two matches should've been interchaged. This isn't really a feud. It was match set up from smack talk and by then-Raw Managing Supervisor, Vickie Guerrero. Even though I'm not looking forward to this match, I do see Ryback coming out on top despite the fact of his knee injury.

Winner: Ryback


4. World Heavyweight Championship MITB Ladder match: Wade Barrett vs Dean Ambrose vs Fandango vs Antonio Cesaro vs Damien Sandow vs Jack Swagger vs Cody Rhodes
This ladder match is filled with bright young superstars who have bright futures in the WWE. And what a way to better their future by winning the contract and having an absolute contender-ship for the World Heavyweight Championship in year's time. I can't give you an absolute winner, because I like all the guys in this match to be truthfully honest. But, I would like to see Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, or Dean Ambrose win this match, but I'll put my money on Ambrose!

Winner: United States Champion Dean Ambrose

5. WWE Championship All-Star MITB Ladder match: C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs RVD vs Christian (Kane is no longer able  to compete in this match)
This isn't billed as an "All-Star MITB Match" for nothing. All of these men have either held the  WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship, or both. C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, and RVD have already won the contract before. With Kane out of the equation, all the guys must have the same mindset that there's one less opponents they have to worry about. This has to be one of the most memorable MITB matches in WWE history. I would like to see C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, or RVD win this match, but with all the momentum that Daniel Bryan's been gaining as of late, I'll put my money on him.

Winner: Daniel Bryan


6. World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler
I'm still really upset about how Dolph's World title lasted so short due to concussion. It's like: "What's the whole point of that momentous push, only for it to get taken away?". I mean, I know he had a concussion, but I would rather him being stripped of the title than losing it to Del Rio and not being 100% to compete. I would REALLY like to see Dolph with the belt again, being that Del Rio's World title reigns isn't all that entertaining. So, my money's on Ziggy for this one!

Winner: Dolph Ziggler


7. WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs Mark Henry
WWE Champion John Cena headlines the main event once again, but this time against probably one of his toughest opponents yet: Mark Henry. Coming off of a mind-tricking promo about his retirement a couple of weeks back, Mark Henry showed how low he could possibly go when to comes to chasing the WWE Championship. With that being said, his momentum has been growing and he even had the last word after an recent encounter with the WWE Champion :


That's why my gut keeps telling me that Mark Henry is gonna pull this off. Therefore, my money's on Henry for this one.












No comments:

Post a Comment