Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lucha Underground Review 3/19/15

Something really weird happened to last night's review. Thankfully, I typed it up somewhere else beforehand. It somehow replaced with the NXT blog. However, here it is again. Sorry for the sudden inconvenience.

Her beauty is only outmatched by her ruthlessness. Watch your back when Catrina enters the room. Better yet, seek safety for your soul


Sup, everyone and welcome to the March 18th, 2015 edition of the Lucha Underground Review! Tonight’s episode was full of revenge, blood, blood and MORE blood. There are two main topics that I’m covering for this review are: two major title matches and tonight’s main event where one of the two competitors suffered “Grave Consequences”. Without further ado, lets get down to it!

Two Major Title Matches!

It was announced during the show that Dario Cueto has signed a check, in both the AAA World Heavyweight Championship and the Lucha Underground Championship will be defended NEXT WEEK. This is a sudden, yet huge move by Lucha Underground! Just think about it, four of the company’s top stars going at it for two notable titles in Lucha Libre aspect of professional wrestling. Alberto El Patron will defend the title against his arch nemesis, El Texano, Jr.; and Prince Puma will defend his title against Cage in a Boyle Heights Street Fight. I remember mentioning a possible AAA World title match in Lucha Underground, but I did not think that it was going to happen in just a short amount of time. Also, with the Lucha Underground title on the line in the same episode, this episode should not be missed!

If you are wondering about my predictions for these two matches, well I see Alberto El Patron retaining the AAA World title… but by a straw! I’m very sure that El Texano, Jr.’s definitely going to give Alberto a huge run for his money. As for the Lucha Underground title match, I want to say Cage, but I have a feeling that Konnan’s going to return, and get his revenge on Cage for putting him on the shelf. However, Cage has been dominating every time he has had a match in Lucha Underground… and he’s just an overall badass, so I’ll go with Cage.

Who suffered “Grave Consequences”?

I am sure that both of these men – Fenix and Mil Muertes, that is – were not anticipating what they were going to do to each other in this match. To be honest, I feel that Catrina was the fueled that ignited what would be a classic match between these two. Mil Muertes made Fenix bleed to a bloody pulp – and even almost ripping his entire mask off. The coffin was used as more than a burial box, it was used as a weapon, as it was tossed in and out of the ring the entire match. The two brutalized each other throughout the temple, with both equally taking each other to the absolute limit. Catrina was (shockingly) a non-factor throughout the whole match… until the end until she distracted Mil Muertes enough for Fenix to bury him along with the stone of power, sentencing Mil Muertes to his death… or is he done for?

Tonight’s main event was incredible and as I said, it was a classic without a doubt. I also enjoyed seeing the blood. Not meaning to sound sadistic or anything, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen blood in this type of match, which suits me better than this PG crap that’s seen on the TV. Yeah, I said it, and I’m not taking it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment