Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Summerslam Predictions!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
John Cena (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman)

Well people, let's not say we didn't have this coming. What I mean by that is Brock Lesnar returning. Since this match is headlined as "The Fight of the Summer", I just hope that this match lives up to the theme or moniker. Especially because of the fact that there is fan hate for both parties. Hopefully we get to see great back and forth action which can make up for a quality main event match.

Winner: I see John Cena retaining.

Singles Match:
Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

To be honest, this rivalry has seen its ups and downs. The reason I say this is mostly because of fan reaction. When Jericho first returned, the pops he received were amazing. Now, don't get me wrong, he stills gets the huge reactions from audiences, but during his rivalry with Bray Wyatt, it seems like the interest towards the rivalry has been declining. But, they did put on a great showing at Money In The Bank last month, and Bray's brothers Luke Harper & Erick Rowan are banned from ringside. I'm game to see what's goes down during this match.

Winner: Another one-up situation, I see Bray Wyatt winning somehow.

Singles Match:
Stephanie McMahon vs Brie Bella

The rivalry between these two women has become personal on many different levels, all beginning from the slap that Brie gave Stephanie at Payback. From humiliating her sister Nikki to more recent revealing that Daniel Bryan's therapist had an affair and Brie getting arrested later that night. What's going to happen when these two enraged women clash in the ring?

Winner: I see Brie getting the win.

Lumberjack Match:
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Finally! The former Shield brothers now bitter enemies are going to face off in the ring, but this time, we're going a little "Old School" in a good 'ol Lumberjack Match. In my humble opinion, I feel that Dean has the advantage in this, only because 20 other WWE Superstars may not be too fond of Seth since he's a member of The Authority. Anyways, this feud is one of the hottest in WWE right now, and I want to see this match go out with a bang!

Winner: I'm all for The Lunatic Fringe right now, so I'm going with Dean for this one.

Flag Match:
Rusev (w/ Lana) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter)

This match may be the most emotionally charged match of the night, especially with the pride of two superpower countries on the line: United States of America vs. Russia. We can't run away from the fact that Rusev has been dominant. Every since the night after Wrestlemania 30, he has run roughshod over is opponents and has carried his pride of being a Russian citizen along the way. Which representative of their respective countries show the true superiority over the other?

Winner: I kinda see Swagger getting the win. USA! USA! USA!

Singles Match:
Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns

Even before the days of The Shield were up, it was pretty evident that the personal tensions between these two men were rising. In this match, it will all come to a head. Orton claims that Reigns stole his WWE World Heavyweight title match away from him (he was Triple H's original choice for Cena's opponent at SummerSlam). But, who will have the last word after this match? The Sadistic Viper or The Juggernaut who is on the rise in WWE?

Winner: Roman Reigns. I mean it would only make sense to continue his rise, right?

Intercontinental Championship:
The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

This is a feud that has been developing for a while, with The Miz using his acting work with WWE films to now proclaim himself a Hollywood Superstar. One who does not agree with this is "The Show Off" Dolph Ziggler, who looks to destroy Miz's moneymaker (being his face).

Winner: For some reason, I see Miz retaining somehow.

Divas Championship:
A.J. Lee (c) vs. Paige

"I love you, A.J.!" "She's my best friend!" Some of the things that Paige has said since suckering A.J. into believing that she has an ally in the Divas Division that isn't too fond of her. Despite whiplashing her and costing her matches... I mean she lost to Eva Marie TWO times in ONE WEEK for God's sakes, A.J. calls the WWE her kingdom and she has her sights on retaining the Divas title at SummerSlam.

Winner: I see A.J. retaining.

Pre-Show:
Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam

I find it pretty odd that WWE hasn't even mention a thing about the Pre-Show all week. Nothing I can really say about this match, is that this a pay-per-view quality match and that we should expect some high octane offense from both men!

Winner: I'll go with Cesaro on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment