Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Predictions for WWE Battleground!

Pre-Show:
Naomi vs. Cameron

Tonight, we witness the implosion of The Funkadactyls! To be honest, I'm very happy these two are breaking off as a team, mostly because of the fact that I am pretty high on Naomi, and I would like to see her hold the Divas Championship. As for Cameron, meh...

Winner: Naomi for sure.

Singles Match:
Jack Swagger vs Rusev

This match to me is like the Cold War: WWE Redux. Jack Swagger representing the pride of USA, and Rusev representing the pride Russia (even though he's Bulgarian). I'm also happy that Swagger finally getting that audience reaction that I always knew he could get. At this point, I feel that Swagger is  the right one the break Rusev's unpinned/not-submitted streak.

Winner: Jack Swagger

Singles Match:
Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins (Mr. MITB)

Out of all the matches of this card, THIS is the match I am the most excited for. This is a prime example of a "Shut up and take my money!" type match and this feud is an easy contender for one the hottest in the summer! These two former Shield members, now bitter rivals are really out to prove their worthiness in the WWE. Will Mr. MITB will smart his way out with a win or will the "Lunatic Fringe" who guts more than brains be able to defy the odds (the odds being the tomfoolery that is The Authority)?

Winner: I am going bold with this one, and saying Dean Ambrose. Not because I'm a huge supporter of WWE's resident lunatic, because I have a huge feeling that he's going  to be able to outlast The Authority's interference (that's IF they do interfere).

Divas Championship:
A.J. Lee (c) vs. Paige

AJ. Paige. Full title match. FINALLY, we get to see a full title match between these two, knowing the "blink and you'll miss it" title matches that they've had, which all starts back to Paige capturing the Divas title from A.J. the night after Wrestlemania 30 in short and sweet fashion. 3 weeks ago, A.J. returns and does the same thing the night after Money In The Bank in similar fashion. I'm actually excited to see this match, because these two are my favorite Divas (and frenemies, if you will) in WWE right now.

Winner: I see A.J. retaining.

Singles Match:
Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho

Like Jericho said, this match is destined to be a classic. Jericho has never dealt with a mysterious man of riddle like Bray Wyatt. Bray's constant accusing of Jericho not being there for the WWE Universe and "saving us all" . Bray's already had classics against the likes of John Cena and he looks to continue to expand his movement with a win over the legendary Y2J.

Winner: This can go either way, but I'm going bold again and I'm going to go with Jericho. Also, the fact that Harper and Rowan are going to be busy with their 2/3 falls match for the WWE Tag Team Championship!

2/3 Falls Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (Jimmy & Jey)(c) vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan)

In my eyes, this is probably one of the best tag team rivalries I've seen in WWE in a while! They've had amazing matches already and adding this 2/3 falls stipulation takes the cake. I know this will be a great match, and I wouldn't expect Bray to be at ringside, only because he'll be busy with Jericho.

Winner: I want to see this. NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, Harper and Rowan.

20-Man Battle Royal for the vacant WWE Intercontinental Championship:
Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E vs. Bo Dallas vs. Cesaro vs. Curtis Axel vs. Diego vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Fandango vs. Heath Slater vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Rob Van Dam vs. R-Truth vs. Ryback vs. Sheamus vs. Sin Cara vs. The Great Khali vs. The Miz vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Xavier Woods vs. Zack Ryder

WHOA! Vacancy strikes us again when Bad News Barrett suffers a shoulder injury which resulted in him beings tripped of the title. But, 20 WWE Superstars have the chance to capture gold by just throwing their other 19 opponents over the top rope! There's a "wild card" in this match, however. That "wild card" being the current United States Champion Sheamus. If Sheamus were to win this Battle Royal tonight, he could walk out a double champion! You would be a fool to think that he would not be a huge target in this match.

Winner: Although I ranted about the "wild card" thing, and the fact that I have so many picks tho win this match (this is why I don't take predicting battle royals too fond), I'm going bold once again and choosing Cesaro. Why? I see him as a hot contender for the title.

Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
John Cena (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton vs. Kane

In an interesting match likes this, there are more arising questions than answers. For instance: Can John Cena outlast three other Superstars? Will Kane help out Randy Orton? Will Seth Rollins attempt to cash in his Money In The Bank contract? Just when you think that WWE's making it obvious that John Cena's retaining... NOT! As this story line goes on, you just don't know what's going to happen next...

Winner: I know that this match is more complicated to predict than I thought, but I follow my gut and go with my early prediction and go with Cena retaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment